Whilst you’re having fun remember that the sun, saltwater, chlorine and our outdoor activities in the warmer months can damage our once shiny and healthy tresses, leaving them looking fried and hard to manage.
Banish bad hair days and fully embrace summer thanks to these top tips from Melbourne’s best hairdressers for perfect summer hair.
- Start summer with a trim. Dry hair is more likely to split and we all know that split ends are not a good look! A little cut at the beginning of the season will go a long way in helping to get rid of split ends, refreshing your style, ensuring your hair is less tangled and prone to breakage.
- Protect your hair from the sun. Do you always put sun cream on your skin to protect it from burning? Your hair can be burnt too! Help stop your hair from scorching and colour from fading by applying a hair care product daily that contains UV filters like the Kerastase Soleil Crème UV Sublime Leave-In.
- Limit the use of hot tools. The summer is hot enough already! Try to give your hair a break from the hairdryer, straightening irons and curling tongs. Embrace your hairs natural texture. Create beachy wavy looks without the crunch using Kerastase Huile Sirène a unique hybrid of a texturizing spray and a hair oil.
- Indulge your hair. Summer-time is thirsty work for your hair, upgrade your shampoo and conditioner to a more nourishing/ moisturising formula. Kerastase’s Nutritive range has all those nourishing ingredients to restore parched locks.
- Wet your hair before swimming. Whether you’re a pool girl or an ocean girl its best to soak your hair with clean water before you go for a dip. Your hair is like a sponge, once its full of clean water it won’t absorb as much saltwater or pool chlorine.